14.8 C
Auckland
Monday, October 26, 2020
Home Community

Community

Vava‘u law enforcement officers strike again: more expired goods seized from businesses within a week

Disputes over expiry dates on meat boxes ended in a decision to seize and destroy expired cartons of meats in Vava’u on Tuesday. Neiafu Town...

PM in talks with Real Tonga airline’s owner, but denies reports gov’t set up its own airline

Prime Minister Pohiva Tu’i’onetoa has denied rumours the government has passed a resolution to set up its own airline. But Hon. Tu’i’onetoa confirmed he had...

Government no longer owns Kalonikali Tonga newspaper, PM Tu‘i‘onetoa says

Local media have questioned this week why the government has revived its previously unpopular owned local newspaper known as Kalonikali Tonga. Prime Minister Pōhiva Tu’i’onetoa...

PM Tu‘i‘onetoa denies allegations Her Majesty the Queen and Deputy Prime Minister return to Tonga on today’s aircraft from New Zealand amid coronavirus ban

Prime Minister Pōhiva Tu’i’onetoa and his Deputy have vehemently denied allegations the Deputy Prime Minister Sione Vuna Fa’otusia and Her Majesty Queen...

April 17 curfew extension outrages kava drinkers who ask why schools can stay open

Night time curfews remain in force across Tonga until April 17 - and the kingdom’s kava drinkers are not happy.

Tonga recovering from Cyclone Harold

This article by RNZ.co.nz is published with permission under Kaniva News partnership with Radio New Zealand. Tonga is...

Monster Cyclone Harold wreaks havoc in Vanuatu, Tonga may be next

This article originally appeared on Weather Watch New Zealand website. Updated Tues AM: Cyclone Harold remains Category 5 and...

Coronavirus confirmed as pandemic by World Health Organization

(BBC) The coronavirus outbreak has been labelled a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). WHO chief Dr Tedros...