House saved from kitchen blaze in Vava’u

    Hao ;ikai ha maumau lahi ki he fale na'e vela 'i Kāmeli , Vava'u he hengihengi 'o e 'aho' ni 'i he feinga 'a e fāmili' ke tāmate'i pea tokoni ki ai 'a e tāmate afi'

    A family saved their house in Kāmeli after a blaze thought to have been started by a pot left on a stove this morning.

    The family tried to extinguish the fire with water.

    No injuries were reported.

    Neiafu fire brigade was called to Halalele at about 1am this morning Sunday 15.

    They arrived in time to help save the timber house from major damage, Neiafu Town Officer Vava Lapota said.

    Lapota claimed Fusikata’s son was warming up food in the stove before the fire started.

    Lapota said the house belonged to Sione Fusikata.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here