UPDATED, July 7: The ʻIkale Tahi players will each receive TP$6,000 for three tests they played against Samoa, Wales and Fiji this weekend.
Each player been given $3,000 and another $3,000 will be paid today July 7 to each members of the team.
The Tonga Rugby Union had paid the return tickets for the players when they travelled to New Zealand in June to meet the Welsh, TRU Chair Feʻao Vunipola said.
The donation was approved by the cabinet last week.
Tonga had defeated Samoa in their Pacific Cup opener in Nukuʻalofa last week.
The ʻIkale Tahi will face the Vodafone Flying Fijians this Saturday at Teufaiva national stadium at 2pm.
Fiji coach John Mackee told media his team have expected a tough and physical game against the Tongans.
Meanwhile, head coach Toutai Kefu has released the list of the ʻIkale Tahi team to take on Fiji.
Two key players, flanker Nili Latu and centre Nafi Tuitavake have both left the tour early and will not play this Saturday.
Latu was forced to leave due to a family emergency, while Nafi was granted permission to leave for personal reasons.
The ʻIkale Tahi team for Saturday
- Siegfried Fisi’ihoi – Waikato
- Paula Ngauamo – Mont De Marsan Hooker
- Siua Halanukonuka – Otago Highlanders
- Leva Fifita – Waikato
- Steve Mafi – Castres
- Dan Faleafa – SCALBI
- Jack Ram – Auckland Rugby
- Valentino Mapapalangi – Manawatu
- Sonatane Takulua – Newcastle Falcons
- Latiume Fosita – Doncaster Knights
- Cooper Vuna – Worcester Warriors
- Tevita Taufui – Waikato Rugby
- Siale Piutau – Bristol (Captain)
- David Halaifonua – Gloucester
- ‘Atieli Pakalani – Southern Districts
- Suliasi Taufalele – Counties Manukau
- Latu Talakai – Waikato
- Ben Tameifuna – Racing 92
- Sione Tau – SUAgen
- Mike Faleafa – Northland
- Leon Fukofuka – Crusaders
- Kali Hala – Counties Manukau
- Kiti Taimani