House fire breaks out on New Year’s day in Vavaʻu

    The occupants of a house in Veitatalo in Neiafu, Vavaʻu escaped unharmed from a blaze which caused significant damage to a building owned by a local businessman.

    The cause of the fire which erupted at about 4am this morning Friday, January 1, 2016 has yet to be officially determined.

    Fire
    First house fire of 2016 in Vavaʻu. Photo/Latu Niua Lepolo

    A correspondent in Vavaʻu however told Kaniva News it was alleged the fire started after one of the occupants fell asleep leaving food he was cooking on the stove unattended.

    The owner of the house, ʻIsi Lutui Fakatulolo operates a bakery and it was not immediately clear whether or not it was affected by the fire.

    Emergency Service authority in Vavaʻu could not be reached for comments.

    1 COMMENT

    1. Naʻe hao moʻui pe ki tuʻa mei ha fale ne vela ʻi veitatalo, Neiafu ʻi Vavaʻu he taimi 4 pongipongi ʻo e Falaite ʻaho ʻuluaki ʻo Sanuali 2016.

      Ko e maumau lahi ne hoko ki he falé fakatatau ki he fakamatala ne ʻomi ki he Kanivá.

      ʻOku teʻeki mahino e tupunga ʻo e velá ka ʻoku ʻi ai e fakamahamahalo ne tupu mei he tō e taha ia ʻo e kau nofo he falé ʻo maaʻumohe kae ʻikai tokangaʻi ʻene feimeʻakai ne lolotonga tuʻu.

      Ko e fale ʻeni ʻo ha tangata pisinisi ʻi Vavaʻu ko ʻIsi Lutui Fakatulolo ʻa ia ʻoku ne fakalele ʻa hono fale taʻo mā.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here