Haveluliku fire that killed boy likely caused by candles

    A fire that killed a 7 year-old boy on Wednesday night in Haveluliku was likely caused by candles the family used because the house they live in has no power connection.

    Police in Tonga said the Lapaha Emergency and Fire Services responded to a blaze at around 8.30pm Wednesday 15, Tongan Radio 87.5 FM reported.

    The child, whose identity was not released, was an adopted son of his grandparents who own the house, the radio said.

    The grandparents attended a village fundraising concert while the victim was staying in the house.

    It was believed the boy was sleeping while the fire happened.

    The grandmother was reported as saying they put out the candle before they left for the concert.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here