Dwelling house in Vava’u burned to ground

PHOTO: A house burned to the ground last week  at Holonga, Vavaʻu. Photo/Supplied

A dwelling house in Holonga, Vavaʻu burned to the ground Thursday night May 7.

Police Superintendent Nētane Falakiseni told Kaniva News the blaze was sparked by an electrical fault.

The firefighters arrived but the house has already collapsed and was completely destroyed by the fire, Falakiseni said.

The weather quickly spread the fire all over the house, he added.

The house belonged to a person by the name Taani ‘Uhila but was occupied by Samiu Fotuʻaika of Talihau and his family.

The was no report of injuries.

1 COMMENT

  1. Ne vela ʻosiʻosi ha fale nofoʻanga ʻi Vavaʻu ʻi he Tuʻapulelulu ko hono 7 ʻo Meé.

    Pehē ʻe Nētane Falakiseni ko e Supaʻiniteniteni ia ʻa e kau polisi Vavaʻú ki he Kanivá naʻe tupu e velá mei ha maumau fakaʻuhila.

    Ko e taimi ne aʻu atu ai ʻa e kau tāmateafí kuo ʻosi ʻosiʻosi e falé ia, ko e lau ia ʻa Falakisení.

    Naʻá ne toe pehē ne tokoni lahi e havilí ki hono kapa vave ʻe he afí ʻa e falé.

    Ko e fale ʻeni ʻa e tokotaha ko Taani ʻUhila ka ne nofo ai ʻa Sāmiu Tauʻaika mei Talihaú mo hono fāmilí.
    Ne ʻikai ha lipooti ʻo ha taha ʻe lavea.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here