Tongan man dies after being electrocuted

A 22 years old man from Haʻavakatolo was allegedly killed by the electric current from a washing machine he was using.

Radio Tonga report says the man was Suliasi Tonga Maʻasi and although the cause of his death has yet to be officially confirmed his mother, ʻEtina Maʻasi said he was electrocuted while he was doing the washing.

He was rushed to the hospital but allegedly died on arrival.

Suliasi was married and he has a 5 months old daughter.

In February this year a man was electrocuted near the Royal Tombs in Nukuʻalofa.

It was said that the man reached out and pushed a low lying power line in which he was immediately shocked.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here